Preparation Time: Around 15-20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-35 minutes (excluding marinated time)
Serving: 5-7 persons
1.5 Kg Chicken
For the paste-
1 Tablespoon fresh mustard seeds
1 Tablespoon fresh cumin seeds
2 Sticks of cinnamon
Some chopped ginger
3 Garlic cubes
5-6 Dry chillies
1 Cup chopped onions
1 Medium sized chopped tomato
Chopped fresh coriander
1. For marinating the chicken- add some salt, chilli powder and turmeric powder in the chicken. Mix them well and rest for 1-2 hours.
2. Add the paste ingredients from above in a grinder. Grind them thoroughly.
3. In a hot pan add some cooking oil, then add marinated chicken and lightly fry them.
4. Within the same oil add chopped onions and fry a little bit.
5. Add spices paste on the onions and stir for 2-3 minutes.
6. This is a good time to add tomatoes.
7. Add some salt as required, place fried chicken on the paste and mix well.
8. Then cook 4-5 minutes. At this point, add some hot water.
9. Add some cashew nut and cook for two minutes then add coriander.
Serve and enjoy!