Preparation Time: Around 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Serving: 6-7 persons
Kolkata Style Bashoti Polao Rice Ingredients List:
½ Kg Govindo Vog Rice
¼ Kg Mung Daal (lightly fried)
5 Pieces Dry Chillies
2 Sticks Cinnamon
2 Bay Leaves
1 Tablespoon Panchforon
1.5 Teaspoon Fried Cumin Seeds
1.5 Tablespoon Turmeric Powder
7-8 Fresh Green Chillies
2 Tablespoon Sugar
1 Cup Cooking Oil
Salt to Taste
1. Add some cooking oil in a pot then add ingredients such as dry chillies, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaves, fresh ginger.
2. Mix the content and then add some water.
3. After adding water, add cumin seeds powder, turmeric powder, salt, sugar and green chillies.
4. At this point, wait until the water boil a little (bolok).
5. Now, add rice and daal and wait for another boiling point.
6. Place the pan/pot in dom for several minutes.
Serve with chicken or meat of your choice!